A technology leader putting safety and performance first.
For Hanwha Q CELLS solar power is more than just a technology, but the solution to our energy supply of tomorrow!
Our passion for research is unmatched
The future of PV rests with companies that strongly invest in technologies that guarantee long-term performance, reliability and high efficiencies.
- In Bitterfeld-Wolfen, Germany, Hanwha Q CELLS operates an accredited testing laboratory and the largest R&D center in the industry with more than 200 engineers and scientists.
- Since 1999, Hanwha Q CELLS has launched numerous innovations that have become industry standards: the 6 inch solar cell, the 3-busbar layout, and the full-square monocrystalline cell.
- Hanwha Q CELLS operates one of the biggest module testing facilities globally with 16 climate chambers and test laboratories for all relevant stress tests.
Our technology leadership ensures that we produce the best products
Our passion for research has turned Q CELLS into the industry‘s technology leader. We offer highest power classes and cutting-edge technology. We were the first to develop a solution for common module problems such as Hot-Spots and potential-induced degradation (PID).
- Q CELLS is synonymous with German Engineering and the skill of developing high-quality solar PV solutions.
- The Q CELLS Triple Yield Security guarantees peace of mind regarding PID, Hot-Spots and forgery.
- The Q CELLS Q.ANTUM cell technology with efficiencies of up to 19.5 % proves that we took the next step to a high performance AND cost-effective cell generation.
Hot-Spot Protect (HSP)
TRACEABLE QUALITY (TRA.Q™)
QUALITY IS THE BEST WARRANTY
Providing a warranty is one thing, delivering performance is another – especially when considering that solar PV systems operate for at least 25 years. Despite the best warranty conditions, a solar PV system will turn into a nightmare if modules need to be replaced on a regular basis.
- The production of Q CELLS cells and modules is fully-automated. That way, we can ensure 100 % quality control - in all locations.
- IEC test criteria are not enough. In our own module testing center we apply criteria 2-3 times harder than IEC.
- Together with the VDE institute, we implemented the most comprehensive quality program of the industry – Quality Tested. For the first time, retesting is mandatory.
Number one polycrystalline panel in the PHOTON module yield measurement test - 2 years running!
The Q.PRO solar modules outperform their competition and come out as the No. 1 polycrystalline module in the 2013 and 2014 PHOTON module yield measurement tests. The Q.PRO-G2 235 Wp modules were the top-performing polycrystalline modules out of 174 different PV modules.
OUR SOLAR MODULES ARE TOP PERFORMERS EVEN IN HARSH CLIMATES
The theory about PV is written in text books. The truth is told in practice. Q CELLS modules are tested under climatic condtions far beyond the moderate climate of Germany. And even there, Q CELLS modules maintain their leadership position.
- Alice Springs, Australia: unbeaten in the dry, hot Australian bush for more than two years (www.dkasolarcentre.com.au).
- Saudi Arabia: even the desert sand dust cannot harm our modules.
- New Delhi, India: even in humid, subtropical conditions our test systems achieve a performance ratio of more than 80 %.
WE DON‘T JUST CLAIM OUR MODULES ARE STRONG, WE PROVE IT
At James Cook University’s renowned Cyclone Testing Station in QLD, we subjected our Q.PRO and Q.PEAK modules to two types of tests to determine their strength: a static and a dynamic test. The first applies increasing pressure onto the back of a module until it breaks, while the second simulates the effects of dynamic loads by alternately pushing and releasing pressure onto the back of a module with increasing pressure.
Our test highlights that IEC testing according to 61215 only provides limited information about module strength. Find out about the results of our cyclone testing here.